BEFORE AND AFTER YOUR APPOINTMENT
I highly recommend you follow these general guidelines in order to reap the full benefits of each treatment.
- It is advisable to avoid consuming alcohol, caffeine or any other stimulant that may affect your pulse and energy flow within the body.
- It is recommended to eat a good, wholesome meal with some protein. This is especially important for individuals with blood sugar swings or those who are hypoglycaemic, as Acupuncture stimulates the body and it needs energy in order to maximize the treatments potential.
- Tell the Acupuncturist if you are sleep deprived or in a state of stress and anxiety. This information is important for treatment planning and helps decide what techniques will be used.
- You will begin treatment sitting on the table where you will go through a series of questions to help Dr.Hegillman fully understand how to provide you with the best treatment.
- After this you will need to change into your undergarments or what you’re are comfortable in (please bring shorts and a bra you will feel comfortable being in during the session) .
- It is important to allow oneself time to rest and relax.
- It is best to refrain from vigorous exercise (heavy lifting, long-distance biking, anything high intensity…) as well as eating a heavy meal containing processed and rich fatty foods.
- It is also important to protect oneself from the elements, as cold conditions can bring on stagnation and pain.
- Avoid alcohol before and after treatment.
- Avoid coming in hungry.
- Take it easy and honor your body's healing process.
*Important note: Acupuncture has very few side effects and any that do occur are generally mild and self-correcting.*
Please be aware that ALL services require a 48 business hour cancellation notice.
Missed appointments or appointments cancelled with less than 48 hours notice will be charged the full amount.
*Cancellations requested outside of business hours or on holidays may not be seen and therefore will only be effective if seen two days prior to the booked appointment.*
We appreciate your understanding on this matter.